Meanwhile, Ludwig August Hugo Heusch, a nephew of August J.F.A. Heusch (family genealogy tree) started a separate needle factory with Heinrich Butenberg (see photo
below). In 1877 "Butenberg & Heusch" took over the existing needle production facilities of Laurentz Jecker, who had in business since 1803.
Butenberg retired in 1896 and L. August Heusch became the sole owner of the factory which produced several types of needles and pins, including the popular "Conic Ey'd" needle
and "Sphinx" steel pin.
The "Hugo Heusch & Co." exported its products to France and Spain. The
Heusch family also owned a leather production company, "Rheinische Lederfabrik G.m.b.H." in Eschweiler. In 1931, under the leadership of Hugo Adolf Theodor
Heusch (August's son) the needle company expanded further by taking over the firm of "Carl Huhn & Co." which manufactured machine needles under the trademark of
"Koenigs." The "Hugo Heusch & Co." was sold to "Rheinische Nadelfabriken" in 1955.
In the early part of the 20 th century, Eduard Hugo Heusch and Karl Hugo Heusch (Ludwig August Heusch's sons), opened a needle factory in Barcelona Spain under the name of "La Metalurgica Española" (LME). Later Eduard Heusch became the sole owner of LME and his brother Karl Heusch retained control in the "Hugo Heusch & Co" in Germany.